What can health coaching do for you?
- Provide encouragement and strategies for weight loss
- Help with stress management
- Guide you in making healthy lifestyle choices – safe movement, healthy eating, dealing with stress, improving sleep
- Help you identify and cultivate your inner strengths to be successful in making positive lifestyle changes
Does insurance pay for coaching?
- No, health insurance companies don’t pay for coaching – yet
How much does coaching cost?
- $50 for a single session
- $270 for 6 sessions ($45/session)
- $516 for 12 sessions ($43/session)
How health coaching at AHLC works
- Call our office to set up an appointment
- The first session is 45 minutes. It is a time for the coach and patient to get to know one another, set a direction for changes the patient wants to make for greater health, and make plans for the next steps.
- The next appointment will be for 30 minutes. It is recommended to meet weekly for 4 to 12 weeks since change takes from 1 to 3 months to be established.
- Connie began mentoring in college as part of the Christian ministry she belonged to
- After college, she began to mentor at church and, later on coached other homeschooling moms
- Recently she finished training with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy with a focus on coaching using strengths-based, positive psychology with an emphasis on functional medicine.
- Connie says, “I love seeing clients have ‘ah ha’ moments when we discover together how to achieve their goals.”
- Dr. Hyman (author of The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet and other books) “In my life, I have struggled with self-limiting beliefs or internal stories about things – rationalizing why I should avoid conflict, or repeating negative thought patterns that keep me stuck and create unhappiness, poor choices, or bad outcomes. That is why I work with coaches in both my personal and my professional life. It’s a strategy I often recommend to others who are looking to make significant shifts in their thinking, choices, and behavior.”
- I decided to get coaching to help me navigate the ins and outs of my elimination diet and to have a sounding board. Connie gave me additional help and information to enable me to follow the program. This diet was something very different and new so I really liked having the help and support throughout my experience. Connie helped me break the journey down into smaller, weekly bites so it felt more manageable and less scary. Client from Woodbury
- Connie is an excellent coach because she includes multiple areas in her approach to good health. She is a good catalyst of change. Here are some things I learned from her when she was my coach:
- The rainbow is beautiful. She encouraged me to eat a variety of colors of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Movement is better than exercise. It made getting my daily steps in sound less like work.
- That my thermos holds 12 oz. of water and I need to carry it with me everywhere so I drink enough water during the day
- That journaling helps the soul and enables me to deal with stress
- That self-care is not selfish! Client from Ham Lake
- Dr. Christine (owner of Andover Ham Lake Chiropractic) says:
I had been looking for a way to utilize Connie’s background as a pharmacist and a naturopathic assistant, as well as her ability to put people at ease, ever since she became a part of my practice. When I learned of the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy I saw it as the perfect opportunity to develop Connie’s background and natural abilities. I am excited to have coaching be a part of Andover Ham Lake Chiropractic. It will give our patients the opportunity and support to make the lifestyle changes that our doctors recommend to improve their health and life.